Clean Corridors Meeting
November 3 & 4, 2016
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Heffner Alumni House
1301 Peoples Ave., Troy, New York 12180
Transportation, Energy, Environmental and Industry leaders are invited to participate in an informative, action-driven day-and-a-half program focused on setting priorities for programs and infrastructure to support clean freight corridors in the Northeast, and throughout the United States.
This Clean Corridors Meeting is broken into two discussion-focused workshops that will advance collaboration across agencies, states and disciplines, and inform the development of tools and guidance to aid in developing clean freight corridors.
- US DOT recently solicited proposals to designate alternative fuel corridors under Fixing America's Surface Transportation (FAST) Act Section 1413, indicating Federal support for cross-jurisdiction planning and evolution toward a national network.
- Coalitions old and new responded to the Section 1413 solicitation by sharing information and aligning priorities in unprecedented ways.
- Now is the time to "strike while the iron is hot" and go deeper in sharing perspectives, comparing resources, and identifying common goals and actions.
- Greater public awareness of the challenges we're familiar with — the need to fix aging infrastructure, address congestion, meet new demands for goods movement sustainably and efficiently, and build in climate change resilience.
What will we accomplish?
- Shared and up-to-date awareness of the most promising fuel, technology, and strategy options for clean corridor development.
- Mutual understanding of current and proven approaches and resources for funding clean corridors.
- Enhanced multi-stakeholder coordination for planning and executing clean corridors.
- Needs for and elements of a toolkit to aid agencies and partners in coordinating across disciplines and boundaries to plan clean freight corridors.
Register for this FREE Meeting Today!
Interested in Sponsorship Opportunities? Contact Alycia Gilde to learn more.